I’ll be teaching a two day weekend course, exploring contemporary and traditional bookmaking methods at the South East School of Art in East Grinstead.
13 – 14 August 2011, 10.30 – 4.30pm
This weekend course introduces bookmaking techniques from traditional casebound books to more surprising structures. This is an ideal introduction to bookbinding for both creating books as beautiful and useful objects, and as a starting point for making your own artist’s books. All the techniques that you’ll learn can be easily reproduced at home with minimal equipment.
- Make a minibook from a single sheet of paper.
- Learn how to create books with just a few folds and cuts.
- Make your own sketchbooks in ten minutes.
- Create your own hardback casebound journals.
- Fill and decorate your books with simple printmaking techniques.
- Explore the mysteries of books that move and twist.
You’re welcome to bring any photos or drawings that you’d like to include in your books, and plain or decorated papers for covering the books.
Fee: £120 for two days tuition, including materials, refreshments, and light lunches.
To book a place, or find out more, please contact the South East School of Art.