Looking for easier ways of applying colours to black-and-white linocuts, I tried the chine collé method which is more commonly used in etching.
I cut the tissue paper to shape, glued the back of it with PVA, put it on the inked linoblock, and then printed it.
It didn’t work. Glue everywhere, except on the tissue paper, which floated and moved around.
Then I tried sticking the tissue paper to the printing paper. When it was dry, I printed the block on top. The extra thickness of the tissue paper made it more difficult to burnish, so I tried thinner printing paper. This was more successful. For this example, I used kraft paper instead of tissue paper.
Fiddling with tiny bits of tissue paper gets frustrating quickly. So I cut larger pieces, aligning them only roughly with the image.
This is starting to work.
Even better when I didn’t trim the paper to the shape of the block.